Full-Time EMT or AEMT Position Opening
Spearfish Emergency Ambulance Service (SEAS) is accepting applications for one or more opened full‐time EMT or AEMT positions. The position is scheduled around a three crew rotation (24hr on / 48 hr off).
Qualification for Position:
- Shall have a working knowledge of the laws, policies and procedures as they apply to persons and equipment under the care and supervision of the corporation.
- Shall be a skilled driver with a current valid South Dakota driver’s license, EVOC certification and must be insurable as an Emergency Vehicle Operator.
- Shall have current National Registry and/or SD State certification/licensure as an EMT or AEMT and be knowledgeable in all areas of patient care and evaluation according to state guidelines and level of certification/licensure. Shall be licensable at the same level in the State of SD if not already.
- Must be physically capable of preforming his/her duties as outlined in the Employment Position Description, Employee Handbook, Policies & Procedures and all other employment related documents.
Duties of Position:
- Shall serve as primary EMT or AEMT, responding to calls for service during scheduled working hours.
- Shall be available for call back in time of increased call volume and as directed by the Executive Director or designee.
- Will complete all duties as required on the Daily, Weekly and Monthly Station Duties Log.
- Shall maintain cleaning guidelines for vehicles and equipment according to SEAS policies and procedures for infection control.
- Shall preform all other duties as requested by the Executive Director or designee.
Serious qualified applicants should return the attached application for employment to:
Executive Director – Brian Hambek
715 E. Colorado Blvd.
Spearfish, SD 57783